- Sort by Default Order
- The Law of Self Defense, 3rd Edition provides an in-depth and informative understanding of the five fundamental principles of self defense: Reasonableness, Innocence, Imminence, Avoidance, and Proportionality, as well as many non-core but important facets of self defense law, such as defense of others, defense of property, and imperfect self defense.In addition, the book provides a deep insight into how the judicial system really works, the motivations that drive prosecutions of self defense cases against otherwise law-abiding people, and presents legally-sound self defense strategies to help you both stay alive and not be perceived as easy prey by an overly aggressive or politically-motivated prosecutor.That's a lot of value for the price of a box of ammo--and let's face it, it's not all that easy these days to even find a box of ammo! Get yourself some "legal body armor" today, with The Law of Self Defense, 3rd Edition.(If you already own The Law of Self Defense, 2nd Edition and want to know how the two books differ, click here.)Order it now![Product: 32652]
- First payment of $400 with first module. $50 per module after.
- If you've been considering enrolling in the LOSD Instructor Program but holding back because of the old $400 initial enrollment fee, now's your chance to get into the program at the low starting price of $99!Now you can access any module of the Instructor Program for a flat fee of $99 per module, for 15 of the 17 modules in the program (two of the 17 modules are administrative, and no fee is charged for those). Only buy access to the modules you want, when you want. If you intend to get certified as an Instructor Program Graduate you will eventually need to complete all 17 modules; there is no obligation to do so, however, so you can stop at any time, or just pause for a while and then begin the program again.To get started, simply purchase one or more of the modules listed in the pull-down list below. We do recommend that you complete the modules in the sequence listed below, but there's no obligation to do that, either.Click here for more details on the Instructors Program, including many reviews from our graduates.Click here for a list of many of our Verified Graduates and their feedback on the Instructor Program.
Sale!Law of Self Defense makes available for purchase printed-and-bound copies of its presentation slide decks from our state-specific Law of Self Defense LEVEL 1 Classes. (Note: If register for an upcoming Law of Self Defense LEVEL 1 Class you will be given the option to pre-purchase the slide deck for that class. Check the registration page for that state-specific class for more information.) (Click here to purchase presented presentation slides from our LEVEL 2 Classes.)Presentation slides in paper format have the advantage that they are useful for note taking and annotation, which can be important in your ability to prove you possessed certain knowledge at the time you acted in self-defense.Law of Self Defense LEVEL 1 Class printed-and-bound presentation slides are printed six-slides-to-a-page, double-sided, and contain all of the several hundred slides presented in the corresponding class. Note that the slides are updated effective the date of the most recent class in that jurisdiction.You may also wish to consider purchasing the accompanying state-specific Self-Defense Law Compilation for your state of interest. These Law Compilations list every statute, jury instruction, and court decision referenced in the corresponding live class (and many more not mentioned in the report), each of which is hyperlinked back to its full-text form at the Law of Self Defense web site. So if you see a self-defense court case (for example) in the printed presentation slides and want to "read the whole thing"? Just find the case in the provided Law Compilation, click on it, and it takes you right there.
- IMPORTANT: This option is only for firearms instructors who are married to each other. Using this page you can register together, and the cost is discounted 50% for the second of you. Upon completion of the program both of you will each be independently certified as Law of Self Defense Instructor Program Graduates. (Click here if you are interested in enrolling in the Instructor Program as an individual.) Click here for more details on the Instructors Program, including many reviews from our graduates.For a list of many of our Verified Graduates and their feedback on the Instructor Program, click here.
- The Law of Self Defense, 3rd Edition provides an in-depth and informative understanding of the five fundamental principles of self defense: Reasonableness, Innocence, Imminence, Avoidance, and Proportionality, as well as many non-core but important facets of self defense law, such as defense of others, defense of property, and imperfect self defense.In addition, the book provides a deep insight into how the judicial system really works, the motivations that drive prosecutions of self defense cases against otherwise law-abiding people, and presents legally-sound self defense strategies to help you both stay alive and not be perceived as easy prey by an overly aggressive or politically-motivated prosecutor.That's a lot of value for the price of a box of ammo--and let's face it, it's not all that easy these days to even find a box of ammo! Get yourself some "legal body armor" today, with The Law of Self Defense, 3rd Edition.(If you already own The Law of Self Defense, 2nd Edition and want to know how the two books differ, click here.)Order it now![Product: 21597]
Sale!State-specific self-defense law compilations. These are PDF documents that list every statute, court decision, and jury instruction referenced in the relevant live or online "Law of Self Defense Class" for that state. Each listed statute, court decision, and jury instruction is hyperlinked to their full-length versions at the Law of Self Defense web site.NOTE: These PDF files are instantly downloadable, and contain no DRM restrictions. Nevertheless, these are copyrighted work product of Law of Self Defense, and we ask that you do not distribute the PDF to others. Should you know others who would be interested in owning their own copy, please direct them here: LAW COMPILATIONS
- These are the state-specific DVD supplements that are intended to accompany the Law of Self Defense LEVEL 1 Core Class. (State-specific DVDs are available ONLY to verified students of a LEVEL 1 CORE Class (live/online/DVD), as well as those who have purchased and read any edition of "The Law of Self Defense" book. See below for details.)These DVDs illustrate the legal principles discussed in the LEVEL 1 Core Class DVD using the respective state's statutes, court decisions, and jury instructions.Each state-specific DVD is approximately two hours in duration.Each of the states listed below is available for immediate purchase and delivery:AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MN, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WYAdditional states added weekly.If your state of interest is not listed above CLICK HERE TO EMAIL US YOUR STATE OF INTEREST and we will prioritize DVDs for the states of greatest interest and notify you when your state is ready.Click here to purchase the LEVEL 1 CORE class DVD set.IMPORTANT: By purchasing this item you are acknowledging that you are acquiring ONLY an individual, personal, non-commercial license for use of this product. No portion of this product may be used in any group setting, whether for compensation or otherwise, nor may it be used for any commercial purposes whatever. You also acknowledge that these products are intended for general informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice. If you are in need of legal advice you must consult with competent legal counsel licensed in the relevant jurisdiction.
- On April 30, 2016 I gave a Law of Self Defense presentation at the USCCA Expo 2016 in Atlanta, GA. A number of people have asked me for a copy of those presentation slides, and so I've made them available for order here.The presentation addressed the apparent paradox that while self-defense law is actually relatively simple, at the same time not easy.Simple, because there are only five elements to any self-defense claim: innocence, imminence, proportionality, avoidance and reasonableness.Not easy, because the hidden traps that can emerge from the interplay of these five elements, if not avoided, can result in spending the rest of your life in jail. And the only way to confidently avoid these traps is to understand self-defense law at a sufficiently high level that the traps that once were hidden or hard to see are now obvious to you.Learning self-defense law at a sufficiently high level is within the capabilities of just about anybody, but it does take some disciplined effort and resources.Through the course of the presentation we discuss the five elements of the law of self-defense, we cover some of the nuts-and-bolts of the criminal justice process, and then proceed to step through various scenarios to illustrate how easily a merely superficial understanding of self-defense law can result in the complete loss of self-defense.Subjects discussed include: self-defense as a legal defense, the trial process, the elements of the criminal charge of murder, self-defense as a "confession", how avoidance remains a relevant element even in Stand-Your-Ground states, regaining your innocence, distinguishing between an aggressor and a provoker, how to pick a qualified attorney, and more.The presentation was 45 minutes long, and the slide deck consists of 62 slides. The document you can order here are those slides, printed 6-to-a-page in black-and-white, and stapled. This was not a full-day LOSD Seminar! Shipping is included in the price.