- This allows you to pay for USPS Priority shipping of your certificate, at the lowest available cost.
Sale!This seminar is accredited for 4.00 hours (general) by both the OR and WA bars. INCLUDES COPY OF PRESENTATION SLIDES.
- Entitles the student to at least one run through a self-defense simulator, followed by immediate legal debrief of the student's use-of-force decision making. All participating students also observe every other participant's run and debrief. NOTE: Simulator runs AFTER the class, from 1PM to 3PM. Only those enrolled in simulator may observe this module. (ONLY 12 SLOTS AVAILABLE!)
Sale!This two-state version of the slides will include state-specific self-defense law from KY & TN, and MUST be pre-ordered as they will be handed out at the seminar. (MUST ORDER BY 9/11/17)
- Updated 2016. Pre-ordering the book for delivery at the seminar saves ~25% relative to the normal cost. Will arrive within a week of your order here. Autographs will be provided on site upon request.
- Entitles the student to at least two runs through a self-defense simulator, followed by immediate legal debrief of the student's use-of-force decision making. All participating students also observe every other participant's run and debrief. ONLY 12 SLOTS AVAILABLE!
Sale!REQUIRED! Price increases to $199.99/person on June 22, so register early and save!
- Entitles the student to at least one run through a self-defense simulator, followed by immediate legal debrief. All participating students also observe each other. ONLY 12 SEATS AVAILABLE!
- This allows you to pay for the exam, production and shipment of your certificate, at the lowest available cost of $10.
- CLE Surcharge ($74.99)
- Here you pay the $20 fee required in order to re-test the Law of Self Defense Instructor Program Final Examination. Shortly after paying this fee you will be sent access credentials to re-take the examination.
- On April 30, 2016 I gave a Law of Self Defense presentation at the USCCA Expo 2016 in Atlanta, GA. A number of people have asked me for a copy of those presentation slides, and so I've made them available for order here.The presentation addressed the apparent paradox that while self-defense law is actually relatively simple, at the same time not easy.Simple, because there are only five elements to any self-defense claim: innocence, imminence, proportionality, avoidance and reasonableness.Not easy, because the hidden traps that can emerge from the interplay of these five elements, if not avoided, can result in spending the rest of your life in jail. And the only way to confidently avoid these traps is to understand self-defense law at a sufficiently high level that the traps that once were hidden or hard to see are now obvious to you.Learning self-defense law at a sufficiently high level is within the capabilities of just about anybody, but it does take some disciplined effort and resources.Through the course of the presentation we discuss the five elements of the law of self-defense, we cover some of the nuts-and-bolts of the criminal justice process, and then proceed to step through various scenarios to illustrate how easily a merely superficial understanding of self-defense law can result in the complete loss of self-defense.Subjects discussed include: self-defense as a legal defense, the trial process, the elements of the criminal charge of murder, self-defense as a "confession", how avoidance remains a relevant element even in Stand-Your-Ground states, regaining your innocence, distinguishing between an aggressor and a provoker, how to pick a qualified attorney, and more.The presentation was 45 minutes long, and the slide deck consists of 62 slides. The document you can order here are those slides, printed 6-to-a-page in black-and-white, and stapled. This was not a full-day LOSD Seminar! Shipping is included in the price.
- If you've been considering enrolling in the LOSD Instructor Program but holding back because of the old $400 initial enrollment fee, now's your chance to get into the program at the low starting price of $99!Now you can access any module of the Instructor Program for a flat fee of $99 per module, for 15 of the 17 modules in the program (two of the 17 modules are administrative, and no fee is charged for those). Only buy access to the modules you want, when you want. If you intend to get certified as an Instructor Program Graduate you will eventually need to complete all 17 modules; there is no obligation to do so, however, so you can stop at any time, or just pause for a while and then begin the program again.To get started, simply purchase one or more of the modules listed in the pull-down list below. We do recommend that you complete the modules in the sequence listed below, but there's no obligation to do that, either.Click here for more details on the Instructors Program, including many reviews from our graduates.Click here for a list of many of our Verified Graduates and their feedback on the Instructor Program.
- IMPORTANT: This option is only for firearms instructors who are married to each other. Using this page you can register together, and the cost is discounted 50% for the second of you. Upon completion of the program both of you will each be independently certified as Law of Self Defense Instructor Program Graduates. (Click here if you are interested in enrolling in the Instructor Program as an individual.) Click here for more details on the Instructors Program, including many reviews from our graduates.For a list of many of our Verified Graduates and their feedback on the Instructor Program, click here.
- The Law of Self Defense, 3rd Edition provides an in-depth and informative understanding of the five fundamental principles of self defense: Reasonableness, Innocence, Imminence, Avoidance, and Proportionality, as well as many non-core but important facets of self defense law, such as defense of others, defense of property, and imperfect self defense.In addition, the book provides a deep insight into how the judicial system really works, the motivations that drive prosecutions of self defense cases against otherwise law-abiding people, and presents legally-sound self defense strategies to help you both stay alive and not be perceived as easy prey by an overly aggressive or politically-motivated prosecutor.That's a lot of value for the price of a box of ammo--and let's face it, it's not all that easy these days to even find a box of ammo! Get yourself some "legal body armor" today, with The Law of Self Defense, 3rd Edition.(If you already own The Law of Self Defense, 2nd Edition and want to know how the two books differ, click here.)Order it now![Product: 21597]
Sale!Law of Self Defense makes available for purchase printed-and-bound copies of its presentation slide decks from our state-specific Law of Self Defense LEVEL 1 Classes. (Note: If register for an upcoming Law of Self Defense LEVEL 1 Class you will be given the option to pre-purchase the slide deck for that class. Check the registration page for that state-specific class for more information.) (Click here to purchase presented presentation slides from our LEVEL 2 Classes.)Presentation slides in paper format have the advantage that they are useful for note taking and annotation, which can be important in your ability to prove you possessed certain knowledge at the time you acted in self-defense.Law of Self Defense LEVEL 1 Class printed-and-bound presentation slides are printed six-slides-to-a-page, double-sided, and contain all of the several hundred slides presented in the corresponding class. Note that the slides are updated effective the date of the most recent class in that jurisdiction.You may also wish to consider purchasing the accompanying state-specific Self-Defense Law Compilation for your state of interest. These Law Compilations list every statute, jury instruction, and court decision referenced in the corresponding live class (and many more not mentioned in the report), each of which is hyperlinked back to its full-text form at the Law of Self Defense web site. So if you see a self-defense court case (for example) in the printed presentation slides and want to "read the whole thing"? Just find the case in the provided Law Compilation, click on it, and it takes you right there.
Seminar date: February 24, 2016 PRINT FORMAT (62 printed pages, 371 slides, printed 6-to-a-page)These "Presentation Slide Reports" are provided as "Presentation Slide Reports" in printed & bound form ONLY, and are intended as reference documents.
Law of Self Defense Seminar Slides
Seminar date: January 23, 2016 PRINT FORMAT (73 printed pages, 433 slides, printed 6-to-a-page)These "Presentation Slide Reports" are provided as "Presentation Slide Reports" in printed & bound form ONLY, and are intended as reference documents.
Sale!Bulk order of 30 copies - an order of 1 box is 30 books. The Law of Self Defense provides an in-depth and informative understanding of the five fundamental principles of self defense: Reasonableness, Innocence, Imminence, Avoidance, and Proportionality, as well as many non-core but important facets of self defense law, such as defense of others, defense of property, and imperfect self defense.
Sale!Bulk order of 20 AUTOGRAPHED copies - an order of 1 box is 20 books.The Law of Self Defense provides an in-depth and informative understanding of the five fundamental principles of self defense: Reasonableness, Innocence, Imminence, Avoidance, and Proportionality, as well as many non-core but important facets of self defense law, such as defense of others, defense of property, and imperfect self defense.
Sale!Bulk order of 10 AUTOGRAPHED copies - an order of 1 box is 10 books. Total price is $259.99, which includes UPS Ground shipping (or equivalent). This saves 20% from the non-discounted cost for the book. Allow a week for shipping.The Law of Self Defense provides an in-depth and informative understanding of the five fundamental principles of self defense: Reasonableness, Innocence, Imminence, Avoidance, and Proportionality, as well as many non-core but important facets of self defense law, such as defense of others, defense of property, and imperfect self defense.
- The Law of Self Defense Instructor Program consists of a total of 13 modules. Students can enroll for a flat fee and receive access to all 13 modules at once, or they may enroll in our pay-as-you-go option and purchase access to each module at their convenience. The following describes the pay-as-you-go option.Access to Module #1: Legal & Philosophical Theories of Self-Defense Law is provided upon initial enrollment in the pay-as-you-go option. The remaining modules are each purchased separately. Modules 2 through 10 can be viewed and/or selected for purchase using the pull-down list below. An additional 3 modules are currently in production: "Defense of Property," "Interacting with the Police," and "Self-defense Law 'Myth-Busters'", and will available for order upon their completion. All modules are priced at $50 each.Each modules consists of an online, on-demand video lecture (typically 45-60 minutes, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer), PDF copies of the lecture slides (in both one-slide-per-page and six-slide-per-page formats), and additional materials as appropriate. Both the lectures and all other provided materials are provided exclusively for the student's personal use, and may not be reproduced or shared with others. Video lectures can be accessed as often as desired for 60 days following purchase. PDF documents may be kept by the student indefinitely.Students are permitted to print out a single copy of provided PDF files for their personal use, and we suggest these be printed and placed in a binder to serve as the student's LOSD Instructor Program textbook.NOTE: The Law of Self Defense Instructor Program modules listed below are available exclusively to students already enrolled in the program using our pay-as-you-go option.If you have not already enrolled in the LOSD Instructor Program, you can do so now by clicking here. There you may select either the flat-fee or the pay-as-you-go option.Do not order any of the modules below if you have not already enrolled in the program itself. Module orders placed by persons not enrolled in the program will be refunded less a 50% service fee.Click here for more information on the Law of Self Defense Instructor Program.
- First payment of $400 with first module. $50 per module after.